[ nos-tal-gia ]

Saturday, October 1, 2016

Tell me the story about how the sun loved the moon so much he died every night to let her breathe.

Hiatus for a week because it has been a real busy week. I have been busy studying for my midterm and staring at schools for SEP application at the same time. Sighs. Tiring. Why can't they make the process easier. Arghs, SEP application is a freaking burden. Can't wait for school to be over in a few weeks time!

On a side note, my professor and tutor need to learn how to be more efficient in marking our test scripts/assignments and quickly return them to us. Tsktsk. 

Anyways, these are the remains of my recess week:

Finally got the chance to head to The Missing Pan cafe, but LOL the food they serve do not really suit my tastebuds. Geeez. And I'm not sure about the flow of customers, but I reached there around 8pm and there wasn't many people around, so the waitress was quite free (ie. keep using phone instead of attending to customers). 

(Eggs Benedict) 

I was really looking forward to this because it has been eons since I last ate Eggs Benedict, but ahhh it left me feeling disappointed. Sighs. There is this faint wasabi taste and some veggie puree which they spread on the egg. I dislike wasabi sighs. The entire dish just taste weird, even JJ thinks so. Give me my hollandaise sauce! 

(Carbonara) 

This tasted pretty decent though. It is quite rich and flavourful. And the colour of the dish is also beautiful! 

(Green Tea Latte) 

My all-time-favourite drink in cafes! I absolutely love green tea lattes! Mediocre latte art, but it is alright. :D

It is located at some ulu district in Bukit Timah but accessible by MRT, but I doubt I will return again because the Egg Benedict is really a disappointment. And yup, the bill came up to ~$56. Money fly away again.

~

Dedicated a day for Career Catalyst since they say it is a compulsory module for internship. Although I haven't manage to secure one yet, this kind of thing, just go first hahahas!

The front part was quite useless, where we learn more about ourselves and interests. The behind part was more useful whereby we learn more about interview techniques and err tips on networking. But sighs, the workshop is held from 9am to 5pm, so my entire day was practically wasted. Sighs.

~

And then, Mad for Garlic with Huiqi. It is quite worth it because Huiqi has a voucher. Yazzzz! :DD

(Snowing Pizza) 

Though the toppings are quite simple (namely garlic, shrimps, hotdogs and cheese), it is quite addictive somehow. The crust is thin yet crispy. It is still better to share the pizza with someone else because you might get sick of it after a few slices. 

(Lobster Cream Pasta) 

I think I tasted lobster in it, and the fish roe. This pasta also quite worth it!

Useful voucher because we only ended up paying $15 each, which is quite reasonable consideeing that it is a classy restaurant located at Suntec City. 赚到了! Will go back again soon, once I find someone. HAHAHA!

And now let's get to reality. Back to our books to study. 


Flames, they licked the wall, tenderly.
They turned to dust all that I adore.

No comments:

Post a Comment