[ nos-tal-gia ]

Saturday, September 30, 2017

You need chaos in your soul, to give birth to a dancing star.

Since it is C's birthday today, I shall do a throwback post to Singapore Night Festival a few weeks ago. :D The festival was a little overrated, but still I'm thankful for events like these, because Singapore is too small and there's no natural attractions for us to enjoy, LOL. The best part is that we don't have to pay anything for the festival :D #cheapskate

(Saizeriya)

Wanted to dine at Nam Nam Noodle Bar initially but the queue was insane LOL. Decided to take a gamble and walked further down to Saizeriya, but we were still met with a snakey queue. Fortunately, the people queuing in front of us were all in fours, so we got our seats very quickly! Nice. (: 

We got black pepper chicken spaghetti for me and squid ink spaghetti for C. Hahaha, he ate it fine but the last time I ate it with Manda, she was so unglam LOLOL with squid ink all over her mouth and teeth. Jialat lehs!

(I guess this was the most iconic of the night festival)

(It was so magnificent)

It was the same building by the way. I took it at different angles. The graphics/lighting on the building kept changing, and that's what makes it amazing, (:

(Boxing match)

We chanced upon this show also! It was quite fake LOL, like sometimes I see they throw punches that never hit their opponent but the opponent fell flat on the ground. Oops #exposed But okay, I don't mind because this meant that there is a much lower possibility of getting injuries. 

I didn't really like watching such matches because #violence. I don't understand why people are interested in watching people fighting one another and getting injured over it. Tsktsk. Recently there was also news that a bodybuilder passed away after a boxing match with Steven Lim yeahs? T.T Safety should always come first...

(Pretty lights, pretty me)

I'm egoistic like that hahaha! C was being my trustworthy photographer again. Thanks for being so patient even though he kept complaining throughout the entire night, tsktsk. And it was so hard to get him to take photos together, so annoying. He relented in the end, so thankfully! I like taking photos yeahs, because they serve as memories. Loving the photos that we took, but our phone cameras just don't do justice to the beauty of these lights.

(Looks like a scene out of some fairytale)

Breathe. It felt very magical the moment I stepped inside. The tree was a little creepy when lit in the dark, reminds me of the Hanzel and Gretel story we always read when we were young. It felt as if a witch was going to jump out any moment, if not for the crowds of people.

(Everyone was busy taking selfies with the mirrors inside)

And I am no exception to that. #basic

(Glass Rotunda)

As we walked further to the National Museum of Singapore, we saw this exhibition Glass Rotunda. It is very breathtaking because it felt as if you just walked into a whole new world. Pssh, the experience will be better if there is nobody else. Because gosh, it was so freaking crowded during the night festival and my view was constantly blocked. Cannot appreciate properly T.T By the way, this is a permanent exhibition in the museum, and it is free (not sure if it only applies to Singaporeans) so quite worth to take a look if you are looking for something to do to spend the day! 

(Ripped from nookmag.com)

I'm pretty sure Amanda won't remember the exhibition, so here's a picture I got off nookmag to refresh her memory. LOL, in case she is still unable to recognise the place (because she is so blur), we came here for our GES assignment. Hahaha, sighs I'm missing her so much. Please come back soon!

(Glow in the dark)

I forgot which museum this was. But this was quite amazing because the entire room was filled with drawings that glow in the dark. C's white shirt also glowed in the dark, is it he can be part of the exhibition? Hahahaha! There was glow in the dark henna services as well, but sighs it was too late when I reached there and they closed the queue. Whyyyyyy.

(Superstar wannabes)

We walked further down and we came across this garden-like place. I guessed we failed terribly at posing LOL! We were so incredibly stiff! But again, it was interesting to take pictures of our silhouettes.

(Chijmes)

Walking back to the MRT and we chanced upon Chijmes. Wah, I usually passed by it during the day but I didn't know it looked so pretty at night. It looks like a castle! What a beautiful ending to my night festival :D

Guess who felt like a princess for the day hahaha! Thanks for the dinner treat and for sending me home. I approved your driving skills hahahas, quite stable luh!

Before the day ends, thank you and happy birthday Clems!


Real things aren't said
Real things are felt.
And for this moment
I close my eyes.
This is real.


2 comments:

  1. BTW since when was my profile pic that ah. When did I take that. LOL the one that always appears when I comment

    ReplyDelete