[ nos-tal-gia ]

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Too busy watering my own grass to check if yours is greener.

Typing this because I was so disturbed by a neighbour's screams in the middle of the night. It was late at night and I was trying to get some work done but their screaming is really damn disturbing. It has been going on for an hour already, omg just patch up and shut up. T.T I also want to faster finish up my work and sleep.

Feeling really damn stressed and frustrated because nothing is going on smoothly for me, be it in school or work. Second last week of school already and I'm just wishing that time will pass by quickly. The only thing that I'm looking forward to is my December holiday trip. x.x

I was checking out the food at Malaysia Boleh, Jurong Point, with my family the other day.

(Popiah)

The three of us ordered two popiahs because we were feeling too ambitious. LOL, just had lunch before we left home but taking the MRT trip to Jurong Point made us hungry again. x.x Is my stomach a bottomless pit?!

(Carrot Cake)

Their carrot cake is so different from Singapore's! The chunks are more huge, and the taste is lighter yet still flavorful! I'm not sure how authentic this is from Malaysia, because I seldom travel to Malaysia, but this carrot cake is really rocking it. (:

(Logan Drink)

I asked the mother to get me soya milk, but she came back with logan instead. Surprisingly, it is quite refreshing and I love it a lot (even though I don't really like logans LOL). But I still love soya milk luh. Anyways, lobang for y'all: I recently discovered this application called 'Mr Bean', which allows you to clock the number of steps you walk and get Mr Bean vouchers in return. Hahaha, I managed to claim a cup of soya milk and two pancakes at $1.60 only! Score!

On a side note, I was really damn excited when I discovered that Utown Koufu's drinks stall will be extending their operations till Week 13 of school! Yessss, I still have my supply of iced teh cino to keep me accompany during school term. :D

Anyways, earlier this year, the FoodTastic coffee shop in Choa Chu Kang was opened. The coffee shop was featured in the news because it was the first few coffee shops that employed an array of smart technologies. Ranging from digital ordering to tray return automatic system and automatic floor cleaning robot, the coffee shop aims to provide diners with fuss-free experiences.

(Daddy's Pork Cutlet Curry Rice)

My family and I was so intrigued by the news, so we decided that we have to drop by there to take a look. It turned out to be nothing LOL. I was so excited for nothing. T.T It was just going cashless with the digital ordering system. You will then be given a buzzer after you order, so you can go collect your food when it rings. After dining, return your trays back at the tray return system which is on a conveyor belt. Isn't it the same as everywhere else?

(Mummy's Grilled Chicken)

LOL, so where's the robot? I was expecting some robot that will come from tables to tables to help serve the food or return the trays or whatnot. LOL, is it that I'm being too wild and imaginative again??

(My dried banmian)

Their food prices are not cheap, costing approximately $5 or so. But the quality is not bad, and I like my dried banmian especially! Or maybe I just like dried banmian in general, but it is not commonly found in Singapore. And I felt cheated by the coffee shop, because I was really expecting to see robots in action LOLOL.


Starting right where you are
without having everything
as ideal or as perfect as you
think it should be 
- is part of the process

No comments:

Post a Comment