[ nos-tal-gia ]

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Your scent is like a drug to me like my own personal brand of heroin.

Asia-Pacific Electone Festival 2017

Two weekends ago, I went for my first electone concert with my sister (which is a competition in disguise) LOL. After playing the electone for so many years, I finally went for one performance. Achievement unlocked. Hahaha! Anyways, I was quite excited to attend it because my teacher said the performers were damn good. :DD And true to her words, they were indeed very professional. Got the tickets from Sistic priced at $30 per pax, and it was so worth it really!

(Legendary Capitol Theatre)

This theater is so pretty! It looks very grand despite its small size (and small stage). LOL, but no complains because the seats are comfortable, the sound system is good, and the theater is well air-conditioned. :D The only sad thing is that I bought the tickets too late, so I was sitting all the way at the side at the second level. T.T Hmphs.

(Reminds me of my own competition experience)

LOL, I was reminded of this super embarrassing moment hahaha! I was so stupid last time. I still remember the day when my teacher sent me to an electone competition to gain exposure (just for fun luh, I'm not an excellent musician). On that dreadful day, I was so nervous that I actually brought the wrong thumbdrive up the stage (context: we use thumbdrive to store our sounds for the electone). So after sitting down on the electone chair, I had to apologized and scurried back to my mother to get the correct thumbdrive from her. I swear it was so freaking embarrassing!! LOL. And obviously, I screwed up afterwards. T.T Okay, that was like more than 10 years ago, so I hope I'm not that dumb now.

(Guest performer)

We had a guest performer all the way from Japan! I'm so sorry that I couldn't remember his name, but he was the first runner-up for the electone competition in I-forgot-which-year. He composes his own songs, and it was my type of music hahaha (EDM style)! He also re-arranged and played popular songs, such as bang bang. :D

Anyways, I really enjoyed the performance. They were really dramatic, so it was freaking nice and their patterns really more than badminton. There was this girl, who was dancing with her hands while playing solely the pedals. There was another girl who stopped playing halfway and started clapping her hands to the beat. LOL. Gosh, I didn't know we can play it this way so it was really an eye-opener for me. And I'm really so impressed by their footworks luh! I haven't try playing songs that require two legs on the pedals, but would love to try them! It would be a good challenge hahaha!

(Astons with the family)

After which, we headed back to Jurong East to find the parents for dinner. It was 8pm by then, so we settled on Astons. The parents finally got to try it; because everytime we bring them out for Astons, the queue was always insanely long so we gave up queueing T.T


The universe had to fall apart into dust first
to become it's majestic, incredible, infinite self.
What makes you think this breaking,
this trauma, this destruction,
won't be the making of a more powerful you too?

No comments:

Post a Comment