[ nos-tal-gia ]

Thursday, January 25, 2018

I was the ocean, you wanted rivers. I was the moon, you chased the stars.

Definitely not a movie fan, because I prefer dramas and variety shows anytime. However, I have watched five movies for the past two months. LOL T.T What an achievement. Shall do a short review for each movie. Some of them are not showing in the threatres anymore, so if you are interested, can go stream online or something :D Cheers!

(Insidious)

Watched this last Wednesday with JJ. It was not a very nice movie because it's not scary enough, and the plot is quite underdeveloped. Perhaps watching it at late night can add to the scary factor hahahaha! (: I rate this 7/10.

(Pitch Perfect 3)

This is the worst movie ever LOL. The sister was harping on how nice Pitch Perfect 1&2 was, so she dragged my mother and I along. I regretted not checking reviews before I agreed to watch. LOL. It was so boring, I totally prefer High School Music anytime. The songs weren't that nice either. Maybe I should have watched The Greatest Showman instead zzz. I rate this 5/10.

(Murder on the Orient Express)

I love this movie even though the ending was a bit tacky! Hahaha, this really piqued my passion in psychology all over again. LOL, it is mystery movie - a detective is supposed to find the murderer. Throughout the entire movie, I just kept thinking and trying to crack the case myself. But the ending was quite xxx. Thanks Vivian Phang for jio-ing! No regrets. (: I rate this 8/10.

(Star Wars)

Not a fan of this, but Hui Qi wanted to watch, so I just tagged along. The actions and graphics are really superb! My eyes were glued to the screen, and I finally understand the entire Star Wars series slightly better. I just remembered last semester, I had a professor who is a fan of movies and films, so he kept giving examples from famous films like Star Wars x.x Back then, I'm just lost. So lost. T.T I rate this movie 9/10.

(Ah Boys to Men 4)

I'm just a sucker for Jack Neo's movies. It was really, really damn funny. It really gets to me, I felt a sense of identity. For Singaporeans out there, I really think you should watch it. It is like a movie specially made for Singaporeans. (: I rate this 10/10.

Yay, I came to the end of my movie review. I realized all of them are of different genres. Hahahaha! From horror, to musical, to mystery, to action and comedy. :D I hope you find something of interest to you! 


The barge she sat in, 
Like a burnished throne
Burned on the water.
Purple the sails, and so perfumed,
That the wind were lovesick with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment