[ nos-tal-gia ]

Saturday, March 31, 2018

We know what we are, but not what we may be.

Take 3, Fight HPV Roadshow
Town Plaza, NUS UTown
15 & 16 March 2018

(From left to right: Cassandra, me and Bernice)

I am so excited because we finally concluded our two-day roadshow, and it was super successful! We were initially afraid that nobody will turn up, partially because we released the dates and timings late (LOL, we were too busy to spend time designing the posters and other collateral). But we worried too much, hahaha! The turn-up rates exceeded our expectations!

I talked to soooo many people during the event, that after the entire roadshow, I just want to sew my mouth. LOL. I am really thankful for everyone who came down to talk to us - despite them not being our target audience. This campaign is actually aimed at NUS female students only (because we were looking at raising awareness of HPV to reduce the risk of cervical cancer), but we welcome everyone to come down to talk to us! HPV affects both males and females, regardless of age.

(With Melissa, one of our sponsors for the event)

Hahahas, did she come down specially to recce our roadshow since her organisation was funding us? LOLOL! Kidding, she is a really damn nice lady who gave us many advice. :D It was a good learning experience overall. Thanks for coming down and support us!

So I mentioned that we talked to many different people from all walks of life. To be honest, speaking to the Medicine students gave me nerves because LOL I just had the feeling that they will know more than me. But ohwell, these Medicine students were generally very nice and friendly! I guess they were quite attracted to our booth because HPV was quite related to their field of study? Hahaha!

(With my most loyal supporters, Christel and Amanda)

One day before the event, I sent out many messages to ask my friends to drop by if they are going to be in the vicinity (because I was afraid that nobody will turn up LOL). Many of them came, and I am really grateful. Hahaha, that sudden realization that I do have friends. LOL. But Christel and Amanda are really my biggest gems in life. They even helped us set up the booth, man the booth and many more. Gosh, where to find these friends! I don't know what have I done to deserve them, but really. I am eternally grateful. 

(This is how we rock and roll)

LOL, after the first day of event, we decided to leave everything at the booth itself, because we were to lazy to bring all the stuff back to the storeroom. We looked around and saw that everyone brought those big waterproof cloth to cover their goods, but we only have this cheapo tablecloth from our office. LOL, and the cloth wasn't even big enough, we had to tape two cloth together to cover the entire table T.T I guess this will be a good learning experience: the importance of a big waterproof cloth.

If you are interested, can check out our post-roadshow video here! It was just a minute long video that showcases some highlights of our roadshow, perhaps you can spot yourself in it too! :D


Happy thoughts like
sweet, soft blossoms,
sway gently in the green fields
of my mind.

1 comment: