[ nos-tal-gia ]

Monday, April 30, 2018

Boy, you got me like a shot to the heart.

Birthday Part IV

(Hojicha Chocolate Cake)

Light chocolate cake layered with lush Hojicha-flavored cream, topped off with chocolate cookie crumble. To my disappointment, the chocolate sponge cake is not that smooth, but the hojicha cream made up for it. (: So happy that I get to redeem a free birthday cake from Starbucks! Cheap thrills really.

(Green Tea Cheesecake Cream Frappe)

This is quite good surprisingly. I have a love-hate relationship with cheese teas (ever since Liho), so glad that I decided to give this a try (: The drink leaned towards saltiness rather than sweetness, which is good.

Met HuiQi on another occasion for dinner to celebrate my birthday. Ever since she turned vegetarian, my food choices have been limited as well LOL. To be honest, I cannot imagine myself going green. I love meat too much.

(Yam Xiao Long Bao)

Went Ding Tai Fung in the end and we ordered yam xiao long baos in place of the usual xiao long baos! HuiQi highly raved it, and wow it really tasted superb! Y'know the taste of yam paste? They were quite generous with the filling, so whenever I take a bite into the xiao lao baos, the yam just ooze out. (: So today I explored something new that I never ever thought of trying. It's a good experience.

We talked about horoscope as well, and I discovered something creepy. LOL all my closest friends are all Scorpio!! Literally all. What luck. Hahahahaha. Next time if you wanna be close friends with me, please ensure that you are a Scorpio first. LOL!

(Genki Sushi)

On a separate occasion, I met up with Vivian. Just nice both Vivian and I skipped lunch and we decided to have an early dinner instead. By earlier, I meant 4pm. LOLOL, we thought there will be nobody around in the restaurant but nope, we took the last few table seats. But still heng ah, don't need to queue. So we were back to Genki Sushi, our favourite sushi place! I love how we always end up ordering so much salmon because salmon is life. Sighs, and she is graduating and working soon. Time flies, and soon it will be my turn... 

(Desserts)

Good excuse to have desserts because we ate dinner way too early, and all the food were digested quickly with all the walking around. Ended up at Honeymoon Dessert, which is something that I would like to try but not somewhere I would visit again given the chance.

We ordered banana pancakes thinking that it will be similar to banana roti prata, but nope. It came as a cold dish, with banana buried in a mountain of cream. T.T So fattening and jelat after awhile. We also ordered strawberry snow with matcha ice cream, glutinous rice and vanilla sauce. On the contrast, this tasted not bad. Everything is good except that it came in a small portion. x.x


The way the tires turn stones on old county roads
You leave it muddy underneath, reminds me of you
You find graffiti on the walls of old bathroom stalls
You know, you can scratch it right off, it's how we used to be
like the dollar in your pocket, that's been spent and traded in
You can't change where it's been, reminds me of me

No comments:

Post a Comment