[ nos-tal-gia ]

Monday, August 13, 2018

The world’s a stage, and all of us are merely players.

#BugisEATS

I'm blessed to work in Bugis where there are many nice food around, and even more incredibly grateful when my friends came down especially to find me for lunch/dinner!!

(Durian Snow Ice from 记得吃)

Met Amanda a couple of times for lunch during work - Mos Burger at Raffles City, Hokkien Mee at Newton Food Centre - but they are all inconvenient places because we spent most of the lunch break travelling instead of chilling and eating. LOL. After she ended her internship, I decided to seize the opportunity and asked her down to Bugis to find me instead. LOL!

But guess which idiot got lost in Bugis Junction? LOL, in the end I have to walk all the way to the mall to fetch her T.T Brought her to eat the nice Yong Tau Foo in Bugis Cube, and she agreed that it is nice! I love the meatball especially, :D

We went for desserts afterwards. I wanted to try a new dessert place, instead of the usual Ah Chew Desserts. The eatery 记得吃 is also located along Liang Seah Street, opposite from Ah Chew Desserts. We ordered the Durian Snow Ice, which is the perfect dessert given the hot and sweltering weather. It looks mediocre, but the durian taste is quite strong. I think it's not bad!

(Tom Yummy Spaghetti)

(Truffle Aglio Olio Spaghetti)

On a separate occasion, I met Hui Qi for dinner, and she recommended this vegan place called Saute that serves amazing food. It is located at Bugis Cube! I ordered the tom yum spaghetti, that comes with tofu, straw mushrooms and cherry tomatoes. Hui Qi ordered the truffle Aglio Olio. The spaghetti was cooked in truffle-infused olive oil which is so fragrant! They are also generous with their mushrooms and soy bacon.

Actually, I do think that most vegan food taste not bad. They are on the pricier side, but at least it makes me feel somewhat healthier. LOL!

(Ah Chew Desserts)

And we were back to Hui Qi's favourite dessert place, Ah Chew desserts. It was quite crowded at night, but the queue was fast-moving thankfully. I think we spent only 20-30 minutes queueing. We got the durian paste which taste heavenly and the yam paste which is way toooo sweet for my liking.

(Iced Lychee and Melon; Yuzu Mango)

(Mentaiko Prawn Ball Baked Rice)

(Scallop and Baby Crayfish Baked Rice)

Someone is feeling rich that day and decided to treat me to The Connoisseur Concerto (TCC) for dinner hahaha! Thanks Clement for the super belated birthday gift that only came four months later. Haven't been to TCC because it is so expensive, but their dining options are quite exotic yet interesting! We went to the Bugis Junction branch, and I swear the waitress looked so scary and intimidating.. LOL.


Be not afraid of greatness:
Some are born great,
Some achieve greatness,
And some have some greatness
thrust upon them.

No comments:

Post a Comment