[ nos-tal-gia ]

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

The people who are meant to be in your life, will always gravitate back towards you. No matter how far they wander.

Three weeks of school has passed, but all I have been doing is watching movies/shows. LOL, what a chill life. Here's some reviews of the recent movies that I have watched:

#1 Crazy Rich Asians

Image result for crazy rich asians poster
(Ripped from East West Bank)

Caught this Crazy Rich Asians movie with Junhao. I was quite excited to watch it, given the hype over it and all. But perhaps the higher the expectations, the greater the disappointment. The plot was quite predictable, and a little unrealistic? Like wth, it only takes one mahjong session to change the (rich) guy's mother's mind and allow her son to marry the (poor) girl. But I must say the wedding that took place at CHIJMES was very dreamy and nice, but yet again unrealistic LOL. Which bride will want to tread on waters in the wedding gown?!? Okay, maybe there are girls who wanted to do this, but not me. LOL.

Related image
(Ripped from The Straits Times)

I was talking about this particular scene where the bride was getting married. The bride was walking on waters. LOL, freaking on waters. T.T I feel that the movie is not very representative of Singaporeans as well, but what's nice about the movie is that it was shot in many nice and grand places in Singapore like CHIJMES, Gardens by the Bay and the Marina Bay Sands hotel. :D It was a good 'promotional' film for Singapore LOLOL!

#2 Mission Impossible - Fallout 

Related image
(Ripped from imdb.com)

Didn't wanted to watch Mission Impossible initially, but Amanda dragged me along so... But no regrets, it was a very good action-packed movie! From car chasing and motorbike racing, to helicopter flying and climbing on cliffs, the way he put himself in danger made me totally absorbed in the film as I fear for his safety. There were also many twists and turns in the movie plot, which makes it super exciting! PS. Tom Cruise is like 50 years old already, but his fitness is so darn good! I think Henry Cavill is super good looking as well!

#3 Skyscraper

Related image
(Ripped from freemom.com)

Clement wanted to watch Mission Impossible but I refused to watch it a second time, so we decided on Skyscraper instead. I think that Skyscraper is quite a good movie as well, in fact I thought that it was slightly nicer than Mission Impossible. The story plot was quite ridiculous - 'terrorists' wanted to steal some flash drive so they set the tall building on fire, and they threatened Dwayne (protagonist) to get the flash drive in order to exchange for his daughter.

But what really draws me to the film is the strong theme of 'family' - Dwayne's commitment to protecting his family. In the movie, he was seen walking on the tall buildings with just ropes and err duct tapes. It was freaking dangerous, but he was risking his life to protect his family. If you have a fear of heights, then maybe throughout the entire movie you will find yourself biting your fingers. Hahaha!

#4 Detective Dee: The Four Heavenly Kings

Related image
(Ripped from 3g.163.com)

Hui Qi always jio me to watch Detective Dee movies because she is so into mysteries and action-packed movies, so even before the movie was released, she already asked to watch together LOL.

Because I watched Mission Impossible and Skyscraper first, when I watched this movie, I thought that the movie characters were going to pull out guns when they started fighting, but I had a shock when I saw that they pull out swords instead. LOL, what is wrong with me. This is a historical China show omg hahahaha.

The movie talked about Detective Dee, the Tang dynasty official who headed the 'Bureau of Investigations'. He is like the China's version of Sherlock Holmes, hehes. The movie was okay, but I felt that it was less exciting because the mysteries and his deduction methods were less brain-teasing than before.

Okay, that's all for movie reviews! Don't think I will be watching anymore movies any time soon, so yay to saving money hahahas!


In the aftermath of
tongue lashings and tears,
can you fall back in love
with the same soul
who stripped yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment