[ nos-tal-gia ]

Thursday, January 10, 2019

I think I could count all the stars of fall.

Y4S1 Reflections

"Last semester, best semester," they said.

And indeed, it is really my best semester. I think I have surpassed all the expectations that I have put on myself, and I am quite satisfied with everything thus far. There is still a tinge of regret of me not being able to get my first-class honours, but ohwell everything happens for a reason and I am glad that I went with what I truly want, instead of choosing the thesis route like what majority of the students did. :D

NM4883F Financial Journalism

(NM4883F Financial Journalism)

I remembered myself scrolling very hard through the entire module list because I have no modules to take. There are very little PR modules available, and I have no interest in game design and media studies, so I took quite a long time to finally decide that I will plunge into the world of writing and pray hard that I will stay afloat.

I took financial journalism in the end. I remembered myself being very worried about it, because yours truly has never been good in her writing. I also consulted Belle multiple times to ask about the module, because she was the only person I know who took it before. LOL, I sound like some kanchiong spider. T.T

I don't regret taking the class. Weiyi has been a great mentor and lecturer, who is quite dedicated in his work. Even though he might be harsh at times (considering he once sent me an entire email in CAPS because my writing is so horrible), he is quite patient in his teaching (I also once received another email from him full of compliments hehehes, but he also sent me a whole list of feedback on how to further improve my piece luh).

Overall I did pretty decent in the module, all thanks to his training. I really think I learnt a lot from him, and I really encourage anyone who is interested in writing to take the module under him! :D

(Last lesson: we relieved our Korea days by having army stew!)

(Featuring Regine, my Korea exchange housemate)

I don't feel sorry for 'psycho-ing' Regine to join me in this module LOL! I made her join me for the first lesson, and I really think my persuasion skills are so brilliant that I managed to convince her to take the module with me in the end. :D HAHAHA. Thank goodness for her, if not I think I will have die a horrible death from the project work.

NM4102 Research Methods

It was chaotic right from the start, because some idiots in the class made a fuss about wanting to form groups with their friends. Come'on, we are already university students, do we really need to create so much trouble by arguing with the professor throughout the entire lesson just so we can be with our friends?

Long story short, I ended up changing my groups twice. But ohwell, I am quite okay with my final group. Thank goodness for Clara, she is really the pillar for holding the entire group down :D It wasn't the smoothest group project that I have worked on, but at least my group mates did not go missing-in-action nearing the deadlines. For that, I still feel thankful.

GEH1070 Traditional Chinese Medicine

The two of us did a five-man project work. Perhaps we were both Year 4s, and we know how the entire thing works. We worked really well together - I think we only met up twice to discuss and work on the project before submission. The professor was so shocked that we actually finished the project two weeks before the deadline LOLOL. Thanks Chu Ning. I love our efficiency and group dynamics. :D

Conclusion

This is really the end of my journey as a student. I am glad that my last semester ended with a bang, but I hope that everything will go on smoothly with me embarking on the new path as a working adult. :D Cheers everyone, I wish you all the best if you are still studying!


A part of maturity is learning to
love some people from a distance.
To keep their well-being in your
prayers but take a path,
away from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment