[ nos-tal-gia ]

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

That's what the Earth is, after all: an endless battle of contrasting memories.

My Thoughts on Writing a Blog

(Ripped from buzzghana.com)

Many people have asked me why do I want to write out my entire personal life on a blog to show people. I guess I shall answer this here.

I often reply them that I write a blog for memories' sake. I recorded every single detail of my life, because it allows me to go back and re-experienced the same emotions I felt when I am experiencing the incident at that point in time. Whether it is happiness, love, or even hatred, sorrow, frustration and sadness, they are all emotions that allow me to reflect upon myself. Human's memory capacity is limited in some way or another, and I hope to write my story in this little space of mine, to remind me of the various happenings that I have been going through. It is as though I am reading my life story as a storybook.

Writing a blog allows me to express myself freely. I can write without holding any qualms, without anyone controlling me or telling me what to write about. In this personal (or not) space of mine, I do not have to care about people's feelings, whether or not my posts make any sense, or the zillions of grammar mistakes I make, because ultimately this is a space that belongs to me. There is nobody to judge me (I guess people wouldn't comment on my posts except for Amanda) because there is still the existence of a certain extent of anonymity.

When I blog, I am typing out my thoughts and feelings, and this enables me to reflect on my actions, whether I have done things correctly or wrongly. Sometimes, writing in a third person's perspective permits me to take a step back and view the entire situation objectively. It makes me more clear-minded and organised to think about what are the next steps to be taken.

It's as though why people upload their photos on various social media platform, such as Facebook and Instagram, or even write on platforms like Dayre. I take blogging as an informal way of writing, as a form of expression. I am a foodie, which explains why many of my posts are featuring food that I have eaten. I enjoy sharing reviews on food, because I have also gained a lot when I research for new eating places to visit, and I felt the need to give back to the community.

Most importantly, I guess for now, writing is still the most effective form of relieving stress.


She's so lucky, she's a star.
But she cries, cries and cries
In her lonely heart, thinking:
If there's nothing missing in my life,
Then why do these tears come at night.

1 comment: