[ nos-tal-gia ]

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Lost in the memory as it shakes up the corners of my heart.

(Ripped from worldartsme.com)

I figured I should document my entire learning-how-to-drive process because it is one of my major achievements in life. To be honest, I feel that trying to pass all the tests and attain a certified driving license is harder than trying to attain great grades for my exams. LOLOL! :3

So on (February 15, 2015) I went to enroll myself in the Bukit Batok Driving Center (BBDC). Many of my peers are already preparing / passed their Basic Theory Test (BTT), so I'm lagging behind quite a bit. Initially, I wanted to find someone to accompany me (y'know how dependent I am on people LOL), and I did found one who enrolled around the same time as me. However, fortunately, I decided to go alone because she was procrastinating much (and I want to faster get it over and done with). :P But okay, I ended up getting my license only one year later. LOLOL! x.x (But my friend has not even went for practical lessons yet, so ...)

I took 3A (auto) because it is much easier to learn as opposed to manual, and besides, many cars are also auto now, so I don't want to put myself through all the troubles to learn manual LOLOL.

So in BBDC, it is kind of troublesome. You have to go by this sequence:
Basic Theory Lessons & Practice
Basic Theory Evaluation (BTE)
Basic Theory Test (BTT)


The lessons are compulsory (there are 2 lessons for Basic Theory and another 2 for Final Theory). Then you can choose whether to attend the Basic Theory Practices anot, but you will have to pass BTE first before you can book for your BTT. Same goes for the Final Theory Test (FTT). So a word of advice here: faster get down to study and quickly pass your BTE first, because the typical waiting time for the BTT is approximately 2 months from the day you booked (damn annoying).

Timeline of my learning process:
March - all 4 theory lessons (1 lesson/week)
April - Study the BTT Guidebook, BTP and passed the BTE on the same day
May - painful waiting
June - Passed BTT with 50/50 on first try
JulyFTP and passed FTE on the same day
August - Passed FTT (50/50 again) on first try
September - December - Practical driving lessons
January - Attended Revision Lessons, before passing my Practical Test on first try!

One can actually take FTT and practical driving lessons simultaneously. However, because I have no clue about my university timetable, so I didn't dare to book any lessons (I realised I can actually sell the slots, so I should just book first LOL stupid me). And I only attend maximum 2 lessons per week (during weekends LOL) because I had yet to learn how to cope effectively with schoolwork. :/

I took 32 lessons in total (super, super slow I know), with 27 of the lessons learning and attempting to pass my evaluation test, and the rest of the 5 lessons for revision (I kiasu, average people only took 2 revision lessons LOL). But hehes, despite taking more lessons, I managed to meet my expectations of passing on the first attempt, so yay! :DDD

Update: I finally got my driving licence today via the mail!

(Ripped from pinterest.com)

So is yanqi a big girl now? Hahahas!


You're the Earth I will stand upon.
You're the words I will sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment