[ nos-tal-gia ]

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Keep every promise you make, and only make promises you can keep.

I thought the words are beautifully written.

(Ripped from Tumblr)


"One day, you will ask for my forgiveness.
And I will tell you this.

Where were your sweet words when your words tainted my soul?
Where was your loyalty when your broken promises broke my heart?
Where were your tears when my eyes choked on mine?
Where was your heart when my beats fainted in my chest?

Where was your pain when mine ran through my veins?
Where was your love when mine for you lit through my eyes?
Where was your light when you captured the moon from my night?
Where was your depth when you took the pearls from my ocean?

Can you remove the darkness that you shed off my soul?
Can you mend the promises that you broke?
Can you cry my tears back into smiles?
Can you beat the beats back into my heart?

Can you cleanse the pain from my veins?
Or can you weave my love for you back into my eyes?
Can you put the moon back into my night?
Can I trust that you'll dive into an ocean you've already stole?

If it's my forgiveness that you want,
Take it.
It is not for you,
But for me.

Take it and walk away.
But don't you wait for more.

The doors you closed have been welded.
And the keys have been thrown into the seventh sky."

-Najwa Zebian

No comments:

Post a Comment