[ nos-tal-gia ]

Thursday, November 8, 2018

Baby, you have got the keys to my heart.

Happy day because JH got me a bottle of liangcha and some mixed fruit nuts for breakfast. Energy fuel food to last me the entire day :D I'm so glad that I am finally done with one presentation and two article submissions for my financial journalism module. A few more assignments to go before I really graduate T.T

Headed to Populus Cafe with my secondary school pal Vivian Phang! It was located at Tanjong Pagar, which is just opposite the Police Cantonment Complex. It was overall a super expensive meal that costs approximately $20 and to be honest, I didn't really like it because there are too many #vegetables at the side. LOL.

(Heirloom Rendang Donburi - what a fanciful name)

Tried a mouthful of the Chicken Rice Donburi that Vivian ordered, and thought that it tasted slightly nicer than mine. But then again, I don't think the food is any special also? Her bowl comes with chicken cutlet and onsen egg. 

(Close-Up Shot)

This rendang bowl was limited edition, according to the menu. LOL. Good marketing technique - I ordered this precisely because it was said to be limited edition. I googled their menu online, and it said that this donburi comes with "homemade heirloom recipe grass fed beef rendang, Peranakan archar, pickles, carrots and Japanese rice". It was fusion food that tasted fine when eat it separately, but not fine when I eat it together. >.<

(Swiss roll that was made from gold)

Accompanied Vivian to the Grassroots Book Room thereafter, because it was just nearby. It has the same concept as the reading room cafe, which means you can grab any books off their bookshelves to read over a cuppa coffee or some sweet desserts. Sounds great, but I am not a book lover so it really does not appeal to me. LOL.

Shared this Swiss roll with Vivian which cost us $7 a slice wth. Daylight robbery is it. They don't have a display for us to choose the cakes, so we just ordered off the menu and this was what they served us. LOL, I was in shock seriously.

Boycotting the cafe. By the way, they have this resident black cat that just runs around the cafe and it scared the hell out of me because it was so swift?! Like it will just jump off bookshelves onto the floor, so x.x


Your love is like the sun,
That lights up my whole world,
I feel the warmth inside.
Your love is like the river,
That flows down through my veins,
I feel the chill inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment